Over the past fifty years, Hotel on the Cay has long been a favored venue for balls, political meetings, global conferences, society weddings and other important soirées. Although it no longer offers a five star restaurant, catered affairs continue to be held on this historical property where dignitaries from all over the world have gathered.
Today, the Events Department will work closely with you to plan your special event, conference or wedding and provide recommendations for other St. Croix service professionals such as caterers, florists, pastry chefs, photographers, DJs, live music, wedding planners, etc.
Unlike other hotels, weddings at Hotel on the Cay are customized to each couple’s vision and beliefs. We do not offer “wedding packages” or cookie-cutter ceremonies. We will go to any length to fulfill your tropical wedding dreams whether it’s an elopement ceremony for two or a full beach wedding and reception for 75+. A non-denominational minister is on staff and available to perform your custom ceremony anywhere on the five-acre cay.
Consider the available event areas which can be rented separately or in combination. Or visit the cay and discover many outside options such as the grassy knoll overlooking Gallows Bay harbor and Fort Christiansvaern, among the palms with the St. Croix Ground Lizards as witnesses or ankle-deep in the Caribbean Sea, where pirates once anchored their ships.
- HM Conference/Ball Room: Located on the northern side of the cay (approximately 38 feet above sea level), this spacious tiled room with floor-to-ceiling windows offers what is arguably the most amazing view for special events on St. Croix– an unobstructed view of the ocean from two directions. This 1,300 square foot room can accommodate up to 75 guests seated for dining; lecture style with podium; classroom style for instruction; dancing to a band on the 7’ stage or mingling in a fabulous cocktail party setting. Two new (five ton) air conditioning units have been installed which brings a very comfortable chill to any event. A state-of-the-art Power Point digital projector is available for presentations.
- Tree House Terrace: Two magnificent mahogany trees grow through this 2,500 foot covered yet open-air terrace where guests gather for cocktails, grilling and special events. Frequently used for parties and wedding receptions, it easily accommodates 75 guests depending on seating. Western views of Christiansted harbor and amazing sunsets add to its magic. Trade winds blow freely through the terrace, permitting guests to be very comfortable whether in shorts or suits. It includes a small kitchen area which works for catered affairs. Ceiling fans and exterior lighting increases the comfort and flexibility of this space.
- Red Terrace: Adjacent to the Tree House is a red tiled terrace measuring 2,000 sq feet and offering an eastern view of Gallows Bay harbor. Uncovered yet comfortably elevated, guests enjoy dancing or open air dining in this area. Additional wiring has been added to a covered area used by DJs to accommodate their equipment. Many events have concluded with the Electric Slide on the Red Terrace!
- Royal Palm Bar: Warmly paneled and echoing with barroom stories from bygone years, this fully licensed bar dispenses cocktails for special events. A bartender will consult with you and serve the beverages of your choice or provide a cash bar for your guests.
- Emerald Point Villa is a private one-bedroom cottage located on the northeast point of Protestant Cay. An historical West Indies house, it has recently been renovated and redecorated as a magnificent honeymoon/executive suite with large master bedroom with flat-screen TV and DVD player, newly tiled bathroom with rainforest shower for two, fully-appointed kitchen and living room, dining room and patio with amazing views. This private villa offers guests a perfect hideaway yet is only minutes from the exciting Christiansted boardwalk.
Note: If a block of rooms of 10+ is included with your event, a group discount will be offered for both the rooms and the event space.